12 Apr Be More Mindful of Your Stress: 20 Quick and Easy Ways to Lower Stress
The list of emotional and physical symptoms of stress goes on and on. Stress affects everyone differently, but at the end of the day, stress is harmful to our mental health, our relationships, and our wellbeing. Because it’s National Stress Awareness Month, the Pinnacle crew got together to share their favorite ways to reduce stress.
- Meditate -Meditating for as little as five minutes can actually reduce your stress levels. Start small, focus on your breathing, and be in the moment.
- Take a Stroll Around the Block -Short walks during the work day can help you focus, clear your mind, and boost creativity.
- Snuggle an Animal -Just do it. It’s great.
- Spend Time in Nature -Simply spending a little time outdoors can help reduce stress and even trigger your feel good hormones.
- Dive Into Your Favorite Hobby -Diving into your hobbies can have the same destressing effect as meditation.
- Focus on Positive Affirmations -Peter Pan knew what he was talking about when he said, “Think happy thoughts.” Positive affirmations help you focus on the good in and around you.
- Learn to Say “No” -Spreading yourself too thin can leave you strapped for time and energy. Don’t put yourself in that spot. Learn to say “no”.
- Always Be Prepared -Pack snacks so you have healthy options when you’re hangry. Have a gym bag so you can sneak in a workout should the opportunity arise. Preparation opens up your day.
- Go for a Steam -It’s easy to relax and clear your mind in the Pinnacle steam room. The calm and quiet in your busy day is a welcome retreat.
- Get Enough Sleep -When we don’t get enough sleep, we don’t perform at our best, we forget things, tasks take longer, and mistakes happen. These all lead to increased stress.
- Stop Procrastinating -How great do you feel when you knock something off your to do list? Saving things till the last minute increases our stress and decreases the quality of the outcome.
- Make a To Do List -To do lists are great to keep us on track and help us prioritize.
- Tidy it Up -Chaotic environments create chaotic energy.
- Exercise Regularly -Exercise pumps you up with endorphins and energy so you can get through your day with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Try Aromatherapy -Creating a peaceful environment at work and home can go a long way in reducing stress and improving wellbeing. Scent can be a big part of that.
- Hot Tub Time -The sound, the warmth, the quiet, the weightlessness you can experience in the Pinnacle hot tub. It’s all great for stress relief.
- Go to a Yoga Class -At Pinnacle Fitness Club we offer Yoga, Yogalatese, Yoga Flow, and Gentle Yoga. All of our yoga classes help to center and rejuvenate.
- Go Out with a Friend -Spending time with uplifting people who make you laugh is great for the mind and soul.
- Plan a Trip -Even if it’s a small getaway, having something to look forward to and work toward is great motivation and the time away is your time. Time to relax.
- Go See Your People at Pinnacle -Being part of a community in a place you feel comfortable can instantly put you at ease.
Stress can tell you that you’re too tired, too busy, too weak, too slow. You’re strong, you’re capable, and you can eliminate stress. We hope you’ll give any one of our favorite ways to lower stress a try. Share your favorite stress relievers on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the #StressAwareness hashtag.